October 21, 2018
Aziz A. Aripdjanov
Aziz Aripdjanov is an advocate – member of the Chamber of Advocates of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Admitted to legal practice since 1996.
Aziz Aripdjanov holds LLB from the Law Faculty of the Tashkent State University (Uzbekistan) which he graduated with honors in 1996. He also took post-graduate course at the same educational institution, where he studied Civil Law.
In 1996-1997 Aziz Aripdjanov studied in Canterbury Business School (UK) under the Chancellor’s Financial Program.
• In 1994 he was retained legal advisor to the Uzbek Company “Ankor Ltd”.
• In 1995 he joined Gouldens Central Asia Ltd as a junior associate. Gouldens Central Asia was a joint legal practice with Gouldens Solicitors, UK based international law firm.
• In 2002 he and his former collegues from Gouldens Central Asia have jointly established Uzbek firm of advocates “Azizov & Partners”.
• Special legal adviser to a number of Uzbek commercial enterprises;
• Former Director of Gouldens team in Tashkent.
• Aziz Aripdjanov has expertise in advising foreign investors on all aspects of investing in Uzbekistan and doing business with Uzbek entities including joint ventures, privatisations, financing, taxation, banking and property matters.
• He currently acts on a wide range of matters on which “Azizov & Partners” is advising in Uzbekistan. Provides consultancy services to clients on a number of projects in Uzbekistan.
Co-authored the Chapter on Company Law in the Textbook project of the University of Westminster, U.K. Published article “Issues of Professional Conduct and Code of Ethics of Advocates” in the book “Advocacy of Uzbekistan: assistance with reforming”, Chapters on court and arbitral proceedings in the book “Advocatory activity in Uzbekistan” and other articles published in Russian Federation and Uzbekistan.
Ranked in Chambers Global, Legal 500, Martindale Hubbell (LexisNexis).