Commercial contracts in Uzbekistan mainly are governed by the Civil Code of Uzbekistan and Uzbekistan Law “On Contractual Base of Activity of Economic Entities”, both of which provide the essential (mandatory) terms of appropriate contracts and ‘dispositive’ norms, which shall apply to the specific contract, if parties have not agreed otherwise.
The Civil Code of Uzbekistan does not define such well known and widely used contracts as a distribution, agency and dealer agreements. However, according to the Civil Code of Uzbekistan, the parties can conclude the contract, which is not specified by the Uzbek legislation. It is also not prohibited to conclude a contract containing elements of various types of contracts. If otherwise is not stated in the contract or emanates from its nature (essence), the relationships of the parties to the composite contract shall be governed by the legislation governing appropriate contracts elements of which the composite contract is composed.
The Uzbekistan legislation makes deference between domestic and international commercial contracts.
Certain category of commercial contracts is subject to the perfection procedures (written form, notarization, expertise, recording and registration).
Our law firm offers the following services in the sphere of Commercial Contracts
- advising private sector clients on a wide range of matters related to commercial contracts;
- handling regulatory matters in the Uzbekistan authorities, including notarization, expertise, recording and registration of commercial contracts;
- representation corporate clients in front of counterparties in course of execution and implementation of commercial contracts to help with anything from pre-contract negotiations to perfection commercial contracts, including assistance with confirmation of Condition and Subsequent Precedents;
- verifying of commercial contracts in respect to their correspondence to the mandatory regulations of the Uzbekistan legislation, including as regard to requirements of the Civil Code of Uzbekistan;
- issuing legal opinions as regard to legality, non-conflict, perfection and enforceability of commercial contracts;
- consulting on various legal issues related to international commercial contracts.