October 21, 2018
Ilkhom B. Azizov
Ilkhom Azizov is an advocate – member of the Chamber of Advocates of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Admitted to legal practice since 1995.
I.Azizov holds LLM from the Northwestern University School of Law (USA), which he graduated from in 1993. He received LLB with honors from the Law Faculty of the Tashkent State University (Uzbekistan) in 1984. He also took post-graduate course at the Institute of State and Law of the Russian Academy of Sciences during 1987-1991 (Russia), where he studied Comparative Constitutional Law.
From 1984 up to 1987 he was a junior researcher at the Institute for Law and Philosophy of Uzbek Academy of Sciences.
Between 1987 and 1993 he studied Comparative Law and International Economic Law at the post-graduate courses in Moscow and in the USA.
In 1993 he joined again the Institute for Law and Philosophy of the Uzbek Academy of Sciences, where he was a Fellow Researcher in the area of Comparative Law.
Membership in Professional and Other Organisations
· Member of the Board of Tashkent city Department of the Association of Advocates of Uzbekistan (2002-2004).
· Member of the Qualification Committee of the Association of Advocates of Uzbekistan (2004-2005).
· In 1993 he was retained legal advisor to the Co-ordination Unit of the Commission of the European Communities in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
· In 1995 he has established joint legal practice with Gouldens, UK based international law firm.
· In 2002 he and his former collegues from Gouldens Central Asia have jointly established Uzbek firm of advocates “Azizov & Partners”.
I.Azizov has experience of advising foreign investors on all aspects of investing in Uzbekistan and doing business with Uzbek entities including share and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, privatisations, financings, taxation, legislative developments and property matters. He currently acts on a wide range of matters on which “Azizov & Partners” is advising in Uzbekistan. Participated with Gouldens (appointed special legal advisers to the Supreme Soviet of Uzbekistan under the TACIS programme of the EU) in advising Government of Uzbekistan on banking, financial sector and securities market reform (1993-1995). Participated with Matheson Ormsby Prentice under the TACIS programme of the EU in the working groups responsible for drafting Company Code and Commercial Code of Uzbekistan (1993-1995). Member of the working groups grafting Civil Code and Law “On Advocacy” (1993-1994 and 2002-2004 respectively).
I.Azizov is the author of a number of academic publiucations in Russia, UK and Uzbekistan.
· Uzbek, Russian and English
Ranked in Chambers Global, Legal 500, Martindale Hubbell (LexisNexis).