February 9, 2024
A pharmacological surveillance system is being implemented aimed at promptly identifying potential threats related to medicine
On 23.01.2024, the Presidential Decree “On additional measures to regulate the pharmaceutical industry” No. UP-20 was adopted.
According to the Decree, from July 1, 2024:
– organizations engaged in the manufacture, wholesale, and retail sale of medicines and medical devices are recognized as organizations responsible for providing the population with medicines and medical devices with guaranteed quality, safety, and effectiveness, in relation to which special rules for state control are established;
– a system of pharmacological supervision is being created based on the requirements of international standards, aimed at rapid identification and timely response to potential threats associated with the use of medicines;
– in organizations engaged in the manufacture, wholesale, and retail sale of medicines and medical devices, the procedure for monitoring compliance with the requirements of the licenses issued to them is being introduced by notifying the authorized body no more than once a year;
– content developed for the purpose of advertising medicines and biologically active additives on TV and radio channels is broadcast on the basis of an opinion issued by the Ministry of Health;
– the creation of new customs and free warehouses for the storage of medicines and medical devices is mandatory in accordance with the requirements of the “Good Storage Practice – GSP”.