October 28, 2022
Creation of a number of technoparks in Uzbekistan
On October 15, 2022, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan adopted Resolution No. 606 “On additional measures to accelerate innovation and investment activities in the Republic” (hereinafter referred to as “PCM 606”).
One of the goals of the New Uzbekistan Development Strategy for 2022-2026 (Appendix No. 1 to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 60 dated 28.01.2022), was the creation in 4 regions of branches of the innovative educational and production technopark “INNO” of the city of Tashkent. PCM 606 implements this task by approving the following documents:
- The regulation of the innovative educational and production technopark “INNO”;
- Step-by-step plan for the organization of innovative training and production technoparks “INNO” in Jizzakh (2023), Bukhara (2024), Namangan (2025) and Nukus (2026).
In these technoparks, it is planned to create 8 startup accelerators, 4 business incubators, 4 production sites and 12 coworking centers.
The above-approved provision provides for:
- stages of the implementation of measures affecting issues related to the organization of the technopark’s activities;
- rights and obligations of the technopark management company;
- procedure for consideration and selection of promising startup projects in the technopark;
- procedure for participation in incubation and acceleration programs for startup projects;
- the procedure for registration and deregistration of legal entities as residents of the Technopark.
It is also planned to create an “Investor Assistance Center” operating on the principle of a “Single Window” with the authority to resolve issues at all levels.