November 28, 2022
Increasing openness and transparency in the construction sphere in Uzbekistan
Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, dated 17.11.2022, No. PP-425 “On measures to improve control mechanisms in the implementation of construction projects, further increase the openness and transparency of the process” (hereinafter – “PP 425“) was adopted in order to improve the mechanisms of state and public control over construction using ICT, as well as to ensure openness and transparency in this sphere.
In accordance with PP 425, within the framework of projects included in the Program for the Development of Social and Industrial Infrastructure of Uzbekistan, and programs implemented at the expense of the State Budget, as well as construction and repair projects financed on the basis of initiative budgeting from January 1, 2023, it is planned to:
- ensure the determination of the general design and survey and general construction and contracting organizations of objects by means of an e-tender conducted without the human factor in the NIS “Transparent Construction” of the Ministry of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- conclude contracts on the basis of such e-tenders, as well as on the basis of direct negotiations in accordance with the legislation for the development of design and estimate documentation and the performance of contract work between the customer and design and survey and construction contractors in this system by means of an electronic digital signature and send in electronic form for registration or accounting in the Management Information system state Finances of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- enter each object included in the approved address lists in the NIS “Transparent Construction” with the issuance of an identification number, as well as reflect any changes or additions to them in this information system;
- ensure registration with the authorized body of all objects, regardless of the risk category, for the start of construction and installation works, as well as their control;
- openly publish to the public in the system in real-time information about the enterprises included in the rating of design and survey and construction contracting organizations in the National Information System “Transparent Construction”, about their scores in the context of the criteria for calculating the rating, about the town-planning documents of each object of Programs and Projects, about the amount of work performed on the object, and about the means of financing;
- undertake other measures.
In addition, in PP 425, customers for construction and repair work carried out within the framework of initiative budgeting processes are determined to be the following:
- on internal highways — customer organizations in the system of the Committee on Highways;
- or drinking water supply and sewerage facilities — Unitary Enterprise “Engineering Company for the construction of Water supply and Sewerage facilities”;
- for electric and gas supply facilities and communication networks, respectively – JSC “Regional Electric Networks”, JSC “Hududgaztaminot” and JSC “Uzbektelecom”;
- for social facilities, buildings of citizens’ gatherings of mahallas, work on landscaping and installation of night lighting equipment and other facilities — engineering companies “Single Customer Service” under the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokimiyats of regions and the city of Tashkent, as well as repair work related to the maintenance of these facilities — relevant industry enterprises.