November 17, 2022
New procedure for reporting and document storage
According to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures to optimize the procedures for submitting reports and storing archival documents”, the following innovations are provided:
The requirement for storage and transfer to state or non-state archives is abolished:
– archival documents on wages and other incomes of individuals accrued by legal entities and the amounts of taxes accrued on them after January 1, 2022.;
– financial, tax and statistical reports submitted starting from January 1, 2022 to the bodies of the state tax service and statistics in electronic form, as well as documents issued in electronic form through automated information systems of the tax authority.
Moreover, from January 1, 2023, accounting entities do not have to submit quarterly financial reports to tax and statistical authorities.
The requirement to submit annual financial reports to the tax authorities by business entities paying turnover tax is abolished.
In addition, from May 1, 2023, it is allowed to:
- Business entities, whose founders are residents of the Republic of Uzbekistan, remotely open bank accounts;
- to draw up contracts for the provision of electricity, natural gas, hot water, drinking water supply, provision of sewerage and telecommunications services, reports on their consumption, as well as other documents on the contractual value for the next period in electronic form by legal entities.
From January 1, 2023, the following types of statistical reporting are canceled:
– Form 1 (“Report on exchange activity”);
– Form 1 ms (“Report on the state of working conditions”);
– Form 1 of the nx (“Report on the distribution of the number of employees by the amount of accrued wages”);
– Form 1 (“Report on Public Railway Transport services”);
– Form 1 tb (“Report on the activities of a commercial bank”);
– Form 1 (“Report on the activities of the insurance company”);
– Appendix to Form 1 kb (“Report on available construction machines and mechanisms in small construction organizations and micro-firms”);
– Report on the activities of pipeline transport;
– Form 4 (“Report on the purchase of fruit and vegetable products”).
In addition, from January 1, 2023, the requirement to include non-state archives in the register of archives is canceled. In addition, non-state archives that provide electronic archiving services should not receive a license, but only notify the authorized body.