July 7, 2023
The procedure for collecting fines for non-fulfillment of enforcement documents by the debtor was changed
On July 4, 2023, the Law “On amendments and additions to the Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Administrative responsibility in connection with the improvement of the procedure for determining the amount of an administrative fine imposed for non-execution of enforcement documents” LRU No. 851 was adopted (the “Law”).
The main objectives of the Law are to eliminate unnecessary bureaucratic obstacles in the execution of judicial acts and acts of other bodies, as well as to provide citizens with additional opportunities for the timely execution of enforcement documents.
Thus, the Law amended article 1981 of the Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Administrative responsibility (the “Code”), in particular:
- failure by the debtor to execute the enforcement document on the recovery of the amount entails the imposition of a fine on citizens up to 5 BCV, and on officials – up to 10 BCV.
- the administrative fines imposed by the bodies of the Bureau of Enforcement under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan (the “Bureau”) may not exceed the amount of money recovered, determined by enforcement documents.
The following changes affected Article 2453 of the Code, namely, the list of officials authorized to apply administrative penalties on behalf of the Bureau bodies was determined:
- Chief State Executor of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Director of the Bureau, and heads of departments of territorial administrations of the Bureau);
- Chief state executors of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions, and the city of Tashkent, their deputies;
- Heads of district (city) departments of the Bureau.