June 12, 2023
The procedure for confirming force majeure events has been determined
On June 7, 2023, the Cabinet of Ministers adopted Resolution No. 231, which approved the Regulation on the procedure for confirming force majeure events. This Regulation applies to all disputes initiated or conducted by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan within the framework of the local commercial contracts.
According to the Regulation, force majeure events are confirmed by issuing a Certificate in electronic form with a QR code (matrix barcode) signed by the electronic signature of the Chairman of the Chamber. The Certificate is given for an indefinite period. The Certificate is of a one-time nature and applies only to contractual relations specified in an application for issuing the Certificate.
The new Regulation stipulates:
– a procedure for submitting the application for issuing the Certificate, as well as the information specified in it;
– documents attached to the application for issuing the Certificate;
– a procedure and terms of consideration of the application for a Certificate, as well as the documents attached to it;
– a procedure for issuing the Certificate;
– grounds for a refusal to issue the Certificate.
The Chamber makes the decision to issue or refuse to issue the Certificate within 15 days from the date of receipt of the application.
The Certificate is published on the official website of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan and entered into the register.
The Resolution will come into force on August 8, 2023.