November 25, 2021
Public administration reforms are planned
On November 23, 2021, the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On organizational measures for the development of the program of administrative reforms of the New Uzbekistan for 2022-2023” was published. The order mainly concerns the appointment of working groups to develop the proposals on the following:
- on determining the status, improving the structures and optimizing the staffing units of public administration bodies;
- on the development of digital technologies, openness and public-private partnership in the activities of public administration;
- on improving the material and technical support of public administration bodies;
- on improving the human resources potential of public administration bodies;
- on the prevention of corruption in public administration;
- on the cardinal improvement of the activities of public authorities in the field.
This Decree also provides for the establishment of a Republican commission to coordinate the development of a program of administrative reforms of the New Uzbekistan for 2022-2023. The main tasks of this commission are:
- ensuring mutually coordinated and effective activities of public administration bodies when implementing administrative reforms, as well as effective and high-quality organization of the activities of the above-mentioned working groups;
- separation of functions of state bodies in the field of implementation of state policy, performance of control functions, provision of public services to individuals and legal entities;
- implementation of a system for achieving specific indicators and target indicators in the activities of state bodies;
- ensuring the development and introduction of legislative acts on the fundamentals of public administration.
By March 1, 2022, a draft Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan should be submitted, providing for the approval of the “Roadmap” for the implementation of administrative reforms of the New Uzbekistan for 2022-2023.