Our firm has substantial experience of advising on project financing and refinancing of foreign loans. Historically we‘ve been assisting our clients with drafting and registration of contracts, including loan and facility agreements and security instruments (pledges, sureties, mortgages etc), guarantees, insurances and other.
We have legislative and law advising experience in the spheres of finance, banking and securities. We have subsequently been involved in multiple transactions and projects including bank financing.
Azizov & Partners has assisted certain foreign banks with acquisition of major shareholding in the Uzbek banks. The projects included completion of legal due diligence of the banks and advising on various corporate and regulatory issues related to share purchase. The regulatory assistance included registration of the transaction with the securities institutions and the State’s governing body in the banking sector.
Our services in the sphere of Banking
- advising private sector clients on a wide range of matters arising from the project financing and introduction of new banking instruments;
- handling regulatory matters in the Central Bank of Uzbekistan, including registration and licensing of resident banks and obtaining of preliminary consents of above authority for merger and acquisition;
- representation corporate clients in front of banks in course of lending and project financing to help with anything from negotiations to assistance with confirmation of Condition and Subsequent Precedents;
- verifying of external borrowing contracts in respect to their correspondence to the mandatory regulations of the Uzbekistan legislation, including as regard to requirements of the Central Bank of Uzbekistan;
- registration of the currency transactions involving movement of capital with the Central Bank of Uzbekistan;
- consulting on various legal issues related to project financing and foreign currency international transactions.